The exhibition is divided into two parts: individual and descriptive. The first part is showing 15 portraits photos of the ethnic and national minorities representatives along with information focused on the individual perspective of the people from those communities. The second part is more descriptive – using chosen photos and texts it presents the history and culture of each minority.
The exhibition is educational, and it’s presented in schools, museums, and cultural institution nationwide. All those interested in hosting the exhibition in their institution are encouraged to contact us.
The website www.jestemstad.pl was created as part of Polish-Dutch project named “Holocaust Education in European Perspective” (2011–2013). It is methodical support of our exhibition, which main topics are history, culture and present life of minorities in Poland. Complete graphic and textual materials can be found on the site. For those interested, there are also teaching materials helpful for teaching about the content of the exhibition.
The project implemented in 2010.
- Stowarzyszenie Centrum Polsko-Niemieckie
- Anne Frank House
- Laboratory of History and Culture of Ethnic and National Minorities of the Institute of History of the Pedagogical University in Krakow
- The Auschwitz-Birkenau State Museum in Oświęcim
- Czulent Jewish Association
- Jewish Center in Oświęcim
- Ministry of Health, Care and Sport of the Kingdom of the Netherlands
- Taube Foundation for Jewish Life & Culture